To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be 40-80
- Have a BMI of 18-40 (Click here to calculate)
- Be diagnosed with moderate to severe COPD
- Be ex-smokers or current smokers with history of greater than or equal to 10 pack years
- Pack-years are calculated as average number of cigarettes per day × number of years / 20. For example, 1 pack-year = 20 cigarettes smoked per day for 1 year or 10 cigarettes per day for 2 years.
- Deemed high risk of exacerbations, which includes but is not limited to:
- Frequent productive cough over the past 3 months
- Frequent productive cough that has produced phlegm (sputum) over the past 3 months
- Females must not be of child-bearing potential
- Not have a current diagnosis of Asthma
- Not have a pulmonary diagnosis other than COPD
- Not use a BiPAP or CPAP device
- Not have cancer within the past year or ongoing active cancer treatment
- Not have Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, or HIV
- Not have a history or ongoing allergy / hypersensitivity reactions to drugs
- Not have a history of ANCA positive vasculitis or ANCA positive skin disease
- Not have a history of drug abuse in the past 2 years
- Not have untreated TB
- Not have a diagnosis of hyperthyroidism, uncontrolled hypothyroidism or any clinically significant thyroid disease
- Not donate blood or blood products in excess of 500 mL within 3 months
- Not have a history of bone marrow transplant
- Other criteria apply. You must call 888-688-8277 to verify eligibility
PLEASE NOTE: Please confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 888-688-8277.
Transportation may be available. Call 888-688-8277. Compensation up to $1,200 is available for time and travel.
If you don’t see a time that works for you, or there is no availability, call our site at 888-688-8277.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.