To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- BMI between 18 – 40 kg/m2 [to calculate:Click here]
- Have a Narcolepsy diagnosis
- Have the presence of cataplexy
- a brain disorder that causes a sudden and temporary loss of muscle tone and control
- Have Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) for the past 3 months
- Not have sleep-related movement disorders
- e.g., restless legs syndrome, periodic limb movement disorder
- Not have Inadequately treated or untreated sleep-related breathing disorders
- e.g., obstructive sleep apnea [OSA], central sleep apnea
- Not have Circadian sleep-wake rhythm disorders
- (e.g., jet lag, delayed sleep-wake phase disorder, advanced sleep-wake phase disorder)
- Not have a history of pulmonary hypertension and/or valvopathy
- Not have a history of heart attack or significant cardiovascular disease, structural cardiac abnormalities, cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, cardiac arrhythmias, coronary artery disease, cerebrovascular disease (transient ischemic attack or stroke), or any other significant cardiac problem
- Not have a family history of sudden cardiac death
- Not have a history of epilepsy, convulsions, or seizures
- (excluding early childhood febrile seizures).
- Not have a significant history of head injury or head trauma
- Not have suicidal ideation or behaviors in the past year
- Not have substance abuse or dependence within the past year
- Including alcohol abuse
- Not have narrow-angle glaucoma
- Not have severe renal (kidney) or hepatic (liver) insufficiency
- Agree to use effective birth control if a female of childbearing potential or a man whose partner is of childbearing potential
- Additional criteria will apply
PLEASE NOTE: Please confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling (888) 688-8277
If you do not see an available appointment, please call (888) 688-8277 for availability.
Transportation may be available. Call (888) 688-8277. Compensation may be available for time and travel.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.