Clinical Site Partners- a fast-paced, high-traffic clinical research office – is looking for a bilingual (English/Spanish) receptionist to join our team. This role will report to the Practice Administrator.
Tasks for this role include, but are not limited to:
· You may be speaking with patients who are interested in a particular clinical trial, who have questions about a trial that they are currently enrolled in, or may have other inquiries regarding their care. You must maintain a professional demeanor, and understand the confidential nature of the information you may be exposed to. You must be able to address their questions, or work with the staff within the office to obtain support. You may need to take messages, and ensure those messages are delivered in a timely fashion to the people they are addressed to. You may need to call patients back and leave messages, based on their contact preferences within their files.
· You may be speaking with other medical professionals: Doctors, Nurses, Sponsors, CROs or other vendors. You must maintain the same professional demeanor as you do with patients. As time may be of the essence when working with these groups, it will be your responsibility to ensure their calls are addressed, or escalated to someone within the office who can do so.
· You will be responsible for checking the answering machines and ensuring messages are returned or forwarded to the team members for which they were left.
Face-to Face Patient Interactions:
· You will greet visitors/patients as they arrive and ensure they are properly checked-in. You will confirm their appointments and direct them to either the waiting area or to their exam room.
· If needed, you will collect paperwork or documentation from patients, or you will provide documentation to them for completion prior to their appointment.
· You will notify the clinical staff when patients arrive and will be instructed by them as to next steps.
· If needed you will document the patients next scheduled appointment for them.
· As many of our patients do not speak English as their primary language, you must be bilingual in English/Spanish.
Clerical and Maintenance Tasks:
· Document handling activities include, but are not limited to; Filing, copying, collating, stapling, shredding, and organizing
· Preparing clipboards for incoming patients, per the instruction of the Site Manager, Office Manager or other clinic staff.
· Keeping the offices, file rooms, exam rooms and other areas neat and organized.
· Ensuring all booklet and pamphlet holders are full.
· Ensuring the hand sanitizer dispensers are full and operational.
· Receiving deliveries and ensuring they are stored neatly and properly. Oversight for this activity may come from the Practice Administrator or other clinical staff.
· Ordering supplies including office supplies (paper, pens, etc…) maintenance supplies (cleaning items, paper goods, etc…) and food supplies (snacks, drinks, kitchen paper goods, etc…)
· Other maintenance activities including cleaning, sweeping, collecting garbage, and other activities deemed necessary
· If needed, you may be asked to run errands relating to the running of the business (go to store, post office, pick up supplies, etc…) Therefore, you must have reliable transportation.
· Reliable Transportation
· Ability to maintain confidentially and compliance to HIPPA guidelines
· Excellent organization and time management skills
· Scheduling flexibility. This role may start out as a part-time role, and pending job performance and needs of the office, may turn into a full-time role. We are looking for the right person to support our team. We are looking for availability for days, evenings and weekends, and depending upon the appointments scheduled for any given week, the scheduling needs may change.
· Experience (at least 1 year) working in a face-paced medical or clinical research office
· Maintain COVID-19 requirements, such as mask wearing, hand washing and other policies in place to protect both staff and patients.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
· 8 hour shift
· High school or equivalent (Preferred)
· Medical receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)
· Computer Skills: 4 years (Preferred)
· English (Required)
· Spanish (Required)